Monday, May 16, 2016

Life Catches Up With Us All (The Past Three Years In Review)


I started this blog 3 years ago to share my sons journey through life. It was a wonderful idea. I was passionate about it. At the time we were struggling with school and things were hard. Writing was a way to get the frustration out and share with the world the obstacles that we were encountering. But than LIFE happened. And what happens when life happens. You sometimes put your passions and dreams on the side. Now I am using blogging to incorporate into my life. I love sharing about Jeremiah and what we are doing. I want to share something with this blog once a week about our life. Why only once a week? Because that is a goal that I can accomplish. Something that I can commit to.

So what have we been up to in life in the past three years. In simple a lot. I changed jobs after one door closed (the business closed) and well things went up from there. I worked in a daycare for a year. Loved the job, the people, and the kids but hated the hours. I needed something as flexible as my last job. I missed that involvement in my sons life and hated depending on others all the time. I also stayed sick and had my tonsils removed. Over that time I did a lot of thinking. I stayed with my boyfriend to allow time for me to heal and Jeremiah to have a normal schedule that his grandparents willing took on. I went back to work and that day put in my two week notice. I just wasn't happy with life in general and needed to refocus my life. I needed to be there for my son. The thinking and refocus occurred while out of work but after surgery. BIG changes occurred after I left my job.

You may be thinking what kind of changes occurred. Well we moved in with my long-term boyfriend and started figuring things out as a family. This was met with Summer break so we enjoyed FUN times and after the Summer break we changed Jeremiah's school. And with that new school came new challenges. We now live in a different county and had to make new friends. He had a wonderful teacher, friends, and year. I was able to take him, pick him up, and take him to all of his appointments. We got to spend so much more time together. In addition, I adopted a thought process of after schooling. It is similar to home schooling but after the school day.  I adjusted to being a stay at home. It is something I always wanted to do but was much more challenging than I had thought. I have always been the independent type, work for my own money, and pay my own bills. And than when I couldn't balance the money with credit cards to make it work. I am also a social person and have always been around people. To help meet my social needs, I volunteered at Jeremiahs school and spent time with family. Over all we had a great year and we had a lovely Summer filled with of adventures. We traveled to some fun places and had great family time.

The Summer went by quickly. And school went back. Jeremiah went to the same school he went to the previous year. School going back was met with one challenge after another. The school would call me to change him when he had an accident, when he would run, or when he would not do his work (it was not modified to his needs). In a matter of a three weeks, I picked him up before lunch more than I should of. He went 3 whole days in four weeks. I got an IEP meeting after threating to withdrawal my child from the school system. We finally got his school changed. He now attends a wonderful school for children with special needs. He has had a great school year, grown so much, loves his school, and they love him. Sometimes change is good. And this has been great for us. Along with changes to school, I became a Network Marketer. I am with Usborne Books & More and It Works! Usborne Books & More is a company that sells high quality children's books. The company has the traditional  home/ Facebook party market as well as working with schools and libraries, and we can do fundraising opportunities. It Works! is a company that deals with health and wellness company. Both of these have a special place in my heart as I have a passion for children and helping them reach their full potential and I have passion to help people live full productive lives to their fullest. At the present time school gets out in four weeks and I'm a pressing forward wit working from home. We are looking forward to an amazing Summer with lots of new adventures.

Summer will bring lots of fun stuff for us and BIG things are to come. I will post and share our lives with you. Want to support my family??? You can shop Usborne Books & More for your children's books at https://m4790.myubam.com and you can shop It Works! for your health and wellness needs at http://www.mamashealthylifestyle.itworks.com.  I would love to have you join us on our adventures. Have questions or thoughts, leave me a comment. Thanks so much!

It Works!

Usborne Books & More


No comments:

Post a Comment