Saturday, April 27, 2013

In the beginning... My Pregnancy!!!!

Ok, here goes my roller coaster story of my pregnancy with Jeremiah.  In this portion I will explain me finding out I was pregnant with my son, my pregnancy, the birth of my first and only child at the present time, and my hospital stay....  In more post I will explain his hospital stay.  This is all very exciting information to share now but at the time it was all very overwhelming all while going from a teen to a new mom and all the emotions involved.  As I look back, I now realize it was all apart of God's plan. Every mother and their child's story is different just as every pregnancy and every child is different.  I hope everyone enjoys this exert from our life- from if you have a child with Down Syndrome or if you just enjoy reading.  It is an amazing story.

I was eighteen when I found out I was pregnant and was going to have a baby.  As a late teenage, I had just graduated high school, enrolled in the local community college (Forsyth Technical Community College), looking forward to starting at two year school and than transferring to a four year school (the school in particular- Liberty University), and was having lots of fun.  I was very involved in church and was very surprised.  At Forsyth Technical Community College, I was going to get my associates in Applied Science in Early Childhood Education with a concentration in Special Education.  Special needs children are my passion and have been since high school.  The same month I was to start classes I found out I pregnant. To say the least 2004 was a big year in my life.  In May I graduated and in August I found out I was pregnant.  I planned my first doctor appointment. I found this to be a scary moment in my life.  Little did I know I would have many more scary moments during my pregnancy and after my child was born.  I faced things like how to tell my parents, what was going to happen next, and many other thoughts.  I had morning sickness really bad.  I will never forget the day my parents found out about my pregnancy (my buddle of joy).  I was in the shower puking my guts out and my mom was in bed with a hurt back.  She heard me getting sick and wanted to know what was going on.  That was the moment that I told my mom, my mom immediately told my dad to get a pregnancy test.  I than preceded to tell her that I had already took a pregnancy test two days before and it was positive.  My mom yelled, was mad, and began to call to tell everyone she knew.  My dad was my comforter.  He told me everything would be okay and hugged me.  A few weeks after letting my parents in on my big secret, I had my first OBGYN appointment scheduled to see how my pregnancy was going.  A couple days before the appointment, I woke up in a puddle of blood on 8/19/2004.  It was one of the scariest moments of my life.  I was deeply upset and scared I had miscarried.  My mom helped my though this tough experience by jumping into action and calling my doctors.  The doctor office got me in for an emergency appointment.  At the doctor office, the nurse checked me out, we listened to the heart beat, and did a ultrasound. The baby looked fine and I felt at ease.  At this time my mom calmed down about my pregnancy and was excited to be involved in all my appointments.  And that was my first doctor appointment.  More to come later... Keep checking back to follow this amazing but lengthy story....
.

No comments:

Post a Comment